TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Below are policy details.
Based on two persons sharing a twin room. Single rooms are available at a supplementary rate and are subject to availability. Hotels, lodges and tented camps are named as an indication of category and rooms may be reserved at similar establishments. Kedani East Africa Adventures reserves the right to substitute accommodations with similar accommodations of the same category and standard. Specific room/bed requests are subject to availability and additional costs at the time of inquiry.
Of course, we will discuss all reservations with you in advance wherever possible and try to book the accommodations according to your preferences.
Depending on the number of participants and the route, buses, safari land rover/cruisers, coaches, saloon cars or four-wheel drive vehicles will be provided. In case of car break down the replacement vehicle will be provided as soon as possible. All driver-guides speak English, and some of them are multilingual. The right is reserved to employ sub- contractors. No vehicle may be driven by a participating client at any time.
- Tour price
All rates are based on cost prevailing. The tour price includes all services as described in the itinerary or as mentioned in the “included services”. Adjustments in the itinerary or the services offered can be agreed with the customer and may lead to price changes.
Tour prices do not include personal expenses such as: tips for drivers/guides/porters, laundry, telephone calls, soft drinks, and alcoholic beverages as well as international airline tickets, entry visas and international airport departure taxes.
- Tour Contract & Booking Conditions
Together with your travel invoice, you will receive the travel confirmation from Kedani East Africa Adventures. This confirmation will include the itinerary agreed with you, the accommodations, the room types and specifications, the meal plan (special requirements if applicable), the transfer and any intended transportation.
To confirm the reservation, we will require a 50 % deposit based on the total amount of the booking. Full payment is required for bookings made 65 days before arrival. Payment should be made by bank transfer to our company bank account or by wire transfer net of bank fees or by using our online credit card payment gateway. Only the amount credited to our bank account is considered as paid (money transfer costs are to be paid by the client).
- Late booking
The reservations of the accommodations and the means of transport are only made after receipt of the deposit. It is therefore possible that one or more hotels / lodges or flights/ground transports are already booked out at the time the deposit is received. We will then try to find a room in a different hotel or lodge or to book you on another flight/ground transport. The price and the itinerary will be adjusted accordingly.
- Amendment and Cancellation Policy
- Change in Price
Rates quoted are correct at the time given and are subject to adjustment. Kedani East Africa Adventures reserves the right to charge surcharges due to unavoidable circumstances beyond our control in respect of government and/or regional levies and/or taxes, entrance fees, currency changes due to exchange rate fluctuations, increases in transportation costs, port or airport charges or other fees. Such surcharges will be notified in writing immediately upon our knowledge and must be paid within 14 days of notification, due allowance for normal transmission of funds. Non-payment may be interpreted as an act of cancellation and subject to the conditions of cancellation.
- Cancellation after Booking
All cancellations must be made in writing (e-mail is faster!). Cancellations by telephone are not considered valid. The date of cancellation is the date stated in the email. For cancellations by post, the date of cancellation is the date of receipt of the letter and not the date of the postmark.
- Cancellation Conditions
- Cancellations or notifications of a reduced number of booked tour participants will not be accepted by phone.
- Only written notifications are considered valid. The written notifications also include e-mails (from the original e-mail of the correspondent customers).
- Cancellations or notifications are considered valid if reconfirmed in written form with Kedani East Africa Adventures.
- No-shows are considered cancelled at the date of your first expected arrival.
- No refunds shall be given
- for lost travel time or necessary substitution of facilities, especially by virtue of force majeure.
- if itineraries necessarily amended after departure, especially by virtue of force majeure for circumstances beyond the Company’s control which necessitate alternative arrangements being made to ensure safety and/or further participation of enjoyment.
- if the participant does not show up for any accommodation, service or excursion without first notifying the Company in writing.
- if the participant leaves after the safari has started.
- You may also be responsible for fees charged by hotels, airlines etc., that go beyond your arrangements, because of the cancellation of the original booking dates.
- Cancellation Charges
- Up to 65 days before departure: 50% of the deposit. (*)
- From 65 to 50 days before departure: 50% of the deposit. (*)
- From 50 days before departure: 100% of the tour price.
If you have a valid reason for your cancellation, in most cases the travel cancellation insurance will cover the full cancellation cost.
(*) If the full price of the airline tickets is included in the deposit, the cancellation cost will consist of the full cost of the airline tickets, plus the land package cancellation cost indicated above.
- Alteration in Services
It is very unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements. However, we do plan the arrangements many months in advance and occasionally, therefore, it may be necessary to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. Most of these changes will be minor and we will advise you of them if practicable and time permitting.
We reserve the right to change arrangements or cancel parts of a schedule at short notice if this should be necessary for reasons beyond our control. It is essential to understand that in Africa, local conditions are not always predictable and such occurrences as border closure, poor road conditions etc. can and do from time to time cause delays and/or diversions from the planned route. We will do our best to minimize inconveniences and frustrations but cannot accept responsibility for matters which are clearly beyond our control.
- Obligation to Cooperate
Kedani East Africa Adventures also reserves the right to accept or reject persons to participate in a tour at any time.
You must at all times cooperate with our staff and the staff of third-party service providers (e.g., airlines, hotels, tour leaders etc.). Please note that your tour arrangements will be terminated by Kedani East Africa Adventures or the suppliers concerned if you conduct yourself in such a way that you endanger other persons or property or if you behave in a manner which causes discomfort, inconvenience, damage or injury. In this situation, we will not be liable to make any refund, pay any compensation, or meet any costs or expenses you incur because of your behavior. Please note that you are always subject to the laws of the country you are visiting and must respect local cultures and customs.
- Travel Documents/Prevention
You are responsible for ALL your travel documents (passport, visa), vaccinations and health prevention, that need to be current. Kedani East Africa Adventures shall not be responsible for any delay, interruption, or cancellation resulting from participants failure in this regard.
The Company and its agents act only as agents of the passengers in all matters relating to hotel accommodations, tours, transport etc. and shall not be liable for injury, delays, loss, or damage in any manner.
- Kedani East Africa Adventures liability to passengers carried in its own vehicles is governed by the laws of the country in which the safari takes place and no other country.
- All claims are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the country in which the action arises.
- Kedani East Africa Adventures reserves the right to use subcontractors for all or part of the services. In the event of such right the terms of this subcontractor will apply.
- Whilst every care is taken, the company cannot be held responsible for loss or damage of luggage.
- We recommend that our clients take out appropriate personal travel insurance (e.g. luggage or health insurance, etc.).
If you have cause to complain whilst on holiday, you must bring it to the attention of your guide or other local representative who will do their best to rectify the situation. It is unreasonable to take no action whilst on holiday and to complain upon return.