Day Tour to Longido
- Learn about Maasai culture, traditions & lifestyle
- Enjoy amazing scenery with panomaric views of Mt. Kilimanjaro and Mt. Meru
- Spot rich bird life
- Enjoy walking through the Maasai plains
- Visit historical sites of British colonial times
- Circuit / Region
- Included Services
- Excluded Services
- Best Time To Travel
- Packing Tips
The Longido Mountains are located 80 km north of Arusha, the tour to the extensive plains around area features gives an insight into the traditions of Maasai culture, the lush area is home to rare birds and mammals. The tour includes a nature trail to spot birds, a climb to the impressive Longido Mountain through a dense natural forest, walking safari through the Maasai plains and over the slopes of Longido mountain, a visit to a traditional Maasai village and a tour of historical sites dating back to British colonial times.
- Full Day Tour
After breakfast we pick you up at the lodge/hotel and drive to Longido Mountains. A bird-walk through the Maasai plains starting from the town of Longido to the Bomas of Ol Tepesi allows you to see birds as well as trees and plants used by the locals to make food and medicines. Longido is rich in bird life. Some of the birds seen in this area are starling major, red and yellow barbet, masked weaver, silver bill and secretary bird. Later, visit a Maasai boma to see the Maasai lifestyle. After the bird walk, we go on a walking safari from Ol Tepesi to Kimokouwa along a cattle trail. Gradually climb to an altitude of 1,600m to get panoramic views of Mt. Kilimanjaro and Mt. Meru. Descend to Kimokouwa green ‘valley of wells’ and a nearby historic British grave. On Wednesdays, you can extend your stay by visiting the bustling and colorful cattle market.
- Transport to and from your accommodation in Arusha/Moshi or nearby
- Other languages on request
- English-speaking guide/driver
- Guiding fees, development fees and conservation fees (if applicable)
- Local lunch at the village & complimentary bottle of mineral water
- Items of a personal nature such as souvenirs, passport, visa, and traveler’s insurance
- Soft drinks & alcoholic drinks
- Medical evacuation insurance
- Tips for guides and driver/guide
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions
- Half day tour (only the first part of the full day tour)
- Overnight stay in a lodge, tent or Maasai Boma ist possible
- Four-day trek – from Longido to the Big Rock and Kitumbaine, on to Lake Natron could be arranged
- Mid-June to Late September is the best time of year to visit Longido for warm weather activities.
- During this period, there is the least amount of precipitation.
- We offer discounted prices for children.
Are you ready to explore Africa?
This itinerary is an example of tours we organize.
Contact us by email, WhatsApp or phone to create your individual trip or choose one of our itineraries without obligation!