Day Tour Kilimanjaro Trekking to Marangu-Mandara Hut
- Walk through dense rainforest
- With some luck you can see black and white colobus monkeys, blue monkeys and various bird species
- Experience the first part of the “Coca Cola” route on the way to the summit of majestic Mt. Kilimanjaro
- Get the taste of climbing Kilimanjaro yourself.
- Circuit / Region
- Included Services
- Excluded Services
- Best Time To Travel
- Packing Tips
- Full Day Tour
Departure from Arusha or Moshi to Marangu Gate (1,800m/5,905ft) of Kilimanjaro National Park (it is a 45-minute drive from Moshi town to the Marangu Gate). After your mountain guide has completed the registration, you start your four to five hours trekking adventure to the Mandara hut (2,743 m/9,000 ft). For most of the hike you walk along a narrow trail through dense rainforest (in the afternoon there is a high probability of rainfall). If you are lucky you can see Blue Monkeys and black and white Colobus Monkeys. After having a picnic lunch at the camp, you can relax or take a short walk of 20 minutes to Maundi Crater. On clear days the views to the east over Taveta and to the northwest to Mawenzi Peak and Kibo are stunning. Thereafter we descend to the gate and drive back to Moshi or Arusha for drop off at the Hotel/Lodge/agreed drop off point.
- Transport to and from your accommodation in Arusha/Moshi or nearby
- Experienced, English-speaking guides/driver
- Park entry fees / guiding fees
- Lunch package at the Camp
- Drinking water
- Items of a personal nature such as souvenirs, passport, visa, and traveler’s insurance
- Soft drinks & alcoholic drinks
- Medical evacuation insurance
- Tips for guides and driver-guide
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions
- Between January and March the temperatures are mild, the weather in the morning and afternoon is nice and the visibility of the mountain is particularly good
- In June and July the sky is clear
- August, September and October are the warmest months
- Rainy season: Late March to mid-May and November and December. There is snow in the higher elevations
- For the hike to Marangu-Mandara Hut you should bring sturdy hiking boots
- For cooler days a fleece jacket and a warm sweater
- A rain poncho is advisable in the rainy season
- Porters are not required for day trips. But park regulations mandate that there should be at most two clients for each guide. The company will provide lunch and water.
- We offer discounted prices for children.
Are you ready to explore Africa?
This itinerary is an example of tours we organize.
Contact us by email, WhatsApp or phone to create your individual trip or choose one of our itineraries without obligation!