Day Tour Pugu Hills Trekking Dar es Salaam
- Enjoy a short hike in the wilderness
- Great nature getaway from the fast pace of Dar es Salaam
- One of the oldest coastal forests in the world
- Circuit / Region
- Included Services
- Excluded Services
- Best Time To Travel
- Packing Tips
The Pugu Hills forest is part of one of the oldest coastal forests in the world. There is are a lot of endemic animals, birds and plant species. Hiking trails have been created that are ideal for a day or two of trekking or just relaxing in this peaceful and quiet forest near Dar es Salaam.
- Full Day Tour
Dar es Salaam City - Pugu Hills - Dar es Salaam
Meet and greet at the hotel you are staying in Dar es Salaam, then drive to Pugu. We first visit Pugu Secondary school where Julius Nyerere (Tanzania’s first president) worked as a teacher before he ventured into politics full-time. At Kisarawe the forest reserve office will register our entry and then we drive to the starting point to begin the trek. We follow a natural trail which will take 3 – 4 hours to the Minaki swamp Campsite where you will lunch and rest. Then an afternoon-walk to the northern part of the forest to visit a bat cave. After that walk transfer back to your accommodation in Dar es Salaam.
- Transport from and to your hotel/residence or airport/seaport
- Park entry and nature trail fees
- Professional, English-speaking driver/guide
- Transportation in a safari vehicle or saloon car
- Drinking water during the walking safari
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- International/national flights and visa fees
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. soft- and alcoholic drinks, telephone, souvenirs etc.
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurance
- Flying doctor rescue services
- Government-imposed increases in taxes and/or park entrance fees
- Tips to the driver & guide
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- This tour can also be done by mountain bike
- Additional accommodation before and after the tour can be arranged for an extra cost
- Extension of stay or additional program is possible / or have a look at our other offers
- The long rains in the eastern coast of Tanzania start from March until May
- The short rains start from November until December.
- We offer discounted prices for children.
- Usually our tours require at least 2 people. Solo travelers can join a tour or ask us about a tailor-made safari.
Are you ready to explore Africa?
This itinerary is an example of tours we organize.
Contact us by email, WhatsApp or phone to create your individual trip or choose one of our itineraries without obligation!