2 Days Saadani Beach Safari
- Where the beach meets the bush
- Plunge into the Indian Ocean after your safari
- Boat trip on the mangrove lined Wami River
- Circuit / Region
- Included Services
- Excluded Services
- Best Time To Travel
- Packing Tips
The Saadani National Park near the little village of Saadani is Tanzania’s only national park on the coast. The park protects unique coastal savannas, mangrove and primary coastal forests along the Wami River as well as important breeding sites for the green sea turtle. The wildlife in Saadani National Park is constantly increasing. Waterbuck, cow antelope, reedbuck, buffalo and giraffe. Warthogs, baboons and colobus monkeys are often seen, while elephants, lions and leopards are rather shy. The park is known for its Lichtenstein antelope and the rare Roosevelt sable antelope. On a boat trip on the Wami river you will spot Nile crocodiles and hippos and along the river you can see kingfishers and even flamingos.
- Day 1: Dar es Salaam - Saadani National Park
Pick-up at the agreed place in Dar es Salaam and drive to Saadani National Park. Hot lunch at hotel and a chill-out on the beach of the Indian Ocean. In the afternoon short game drive in the park, then relax on the beach.
Meal plan: lunch, dinner
Possible accommodations: Tanapa Bandas or campsite (budget); The Vagabond Lodge (mid-range); Saadani Safari Lodge (luxury)
- Day 2: Game Drive and Boat Safari
Early morning game drive. We start at 5:30 a.m. and then return to the lodging for a full breakfast. After breakfast we leave the lodging for a boat excursion on the Wami River. This trip offers probably the best boat safari in Tanzania. The river safari takes you past flocks of flamingos at the mouth of the river before entering the river with its abundant wildlife and profusion of bird life. Hot lunch will be served at your accommodation. After lunch we drive back to Dar es Salaam, where you will arrive in the late afternoon at the agreed drop-off point.
Meal plan: breakfast, lunch
Accommodation: no accommodation on this day
- Transport from and to your hotel/residence or airport/seaport
- Park entry and nature trail fees
- Professional, English-speaking driver/guide
- All accommodations and meals as mentioned in the itinerary or as agreed. N. B. accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is dependent on availability at the time of booking; alternatives of a similar class may be booked instead
- All camping gear (if applicable)
- Game drives and activities as per itinerary
- 4 × 4 safari vehicle with pop up roof for game viewing
- Drinking water during the game drives/walking safari
- Driver’s salary and allowances
- International/national flights and visa fees
- Extras, personal expenses i.e. soft- and alcoholic drinks, telephone, souvenirs, laundry etc.
- Travel, medical, injury and luggage insurance
- Flying doctor rescue services
- Government-imposed increases in taxes and/or park entrance fees.
- Tips to the driver & guide
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions
- Optional activities not outlined in the itinerary
- Flights Dar es Salaam – Saadani N. P. – Dar es Salaam can be arranged
- On request other tour languages possible
- Additional accommodation before and after the tour can be arranged for an extra cost
- Extension of stay or additional program possible /
- Sadaani Nationa Park at the east coast is great for a visit in January and February after the short rains
- From June to August is the best time for spotting wildlife.
- Usually our tours require a minimum of 2 persons to run. Single travellers can join a tour or ask us for a tailor-made safari.
- We offer discounted prices for children.
Are you ready to explore Africa?
This itinerary is an example of tours we organize.
Contact us by email, WhatsApp or phone to create your individual trip or choose one of our itineraries without obligation!